Thursday, July 5, 2012

Bad Days Good Days

G'Morning. 

I created this blogspot some time ago, but have never shared it, considering it just a plaything for my own amusement.  Now is the time.  I hereby solicit your encouragement and support.

After nearly two years, now having given up on the Mayo doctors to make me well, it has fallen to me to regain the health I want and need, being, as the film title suggests, "Fat Sick & Nearly Dead." 

Having been a meat & taters guy, and quaffer of flagons, all my life, recent reading and viewing of pertinent documentaries, including the aforementioned, I now find myself actually contemplating raw broccoli.  Without cheese.

For starters, I've had no alcohol in over a month, have begun eating daily salads, having less dairy and meats, and keeping a log book of everything I do eat.  Even the peanut butter/ice cream bombs and bedtime Twinkies.  Well, actually, I stopped the Twinkies over a week ago. 

Recently viewed documentaries:
  • Fat Sick and Nearly Dead
  • Foodmatters
  • Forks Over Knives
  • Ayurveda: The Art of Being
  • Healthy Aging  (Andrew Weil, MD)
  • Food, Inc.
Favorite books informing my direction: 
  • Eat to Live, by Joel Fuhrman, MD
  • The NutriBase Nutrition Facts Desk Reference, 2nd Ed.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I see you have finally decided to take charge of your life, and live. Encouraging sign.
    This is hard. I have fought the weight demon all my life. At 63, I am finally the best I have been. I am a slow learner, too.
    But, it is more than weight. It is health. I applaud your approach and look forward to following you on this journey.
    Judi

    ReplyDelete