Friday, July 20, 2012

NUTRIBLAST

This is the NutriBullet "As Seen on TV" promoted by the raw foods guy David Wolfe.  It makes what he calls "NutriBlasts."  Looks like a blender.  Maybe a super-blender.  It's not a juicer since it does not remove pulp.  It pulverizes the pulp along with everything else.  They call it an "extractor."  Now that it finally arrived, the book says to do nothing until my doctors say it's OK.  Hmm.  Well, OK, I have appointments on the 30th with the Mayo dietitians, then with Dr. M., my new primary, on August 1st for complete physical and lab workup.  I've asked him to help me in my quest.  It remains to be seen how helpful he will be, but I feel that he is morally obligated as a health-care practitioner to do the right thing and practice some Health instead of giving me more pills.

The Mayo baryatric people promise to be the most help thus far.  Dr. Lynch, my go-to guy in Baryatric, is quite thrilled to learn about my new direction and has offered the resources of his department.  So, I won't be doing this alone without supervision or regular monitoring in any case. 

Heard from Victoria again reminding me that she is there with encouragement and support, should need arise, as it may well do.  She's such a sweetheart (see yesterday's posting).

The NutriBullet people say, "Nothing feels so good as feeling good."  Gotta like that.

"Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels."  I like that one even better.  It's on my bulletin board to help keep me honest and focused.

cheers, BC

IF WE ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE MIDNIGHT SNACKS
 WHY IS THERE A LIGHT IN THE REFRIGERATOR? 

No comments:

Post a Comment