Monday, July 16, 2012

SOME DAYS


If this picture was larger, you could see the grin on the old guy's face.  That could be me, if I could ride a bicycle and that young lady took her walks in my neighborhood.  Alas...

This morning did start very nicely though.  A huge smoothie of bananas, strawberries, blueberries, almond milk, coconut water, flax meal and whey protein.  Yum.

Then I drove down the highway to "Native Sun," the closest place one can get a decent variety of organic stuff.  They have a deli if you want lunch, organic or not, which I did, and had a "Portobello 'Steak' Cheese."  Besides the baguette it came on, the only indulgent content was the mozzarella cheese.  Pure fat, and mighty good.  I basically just scouted the place, having been there before only long ago, and picked up a few items.  Nothing extraordinary, just some lemons, berries, and nutritional yeast, which I've seen mentioned in some of my guidebooks.  I have a couple of portobellos in the fridge, and this yeast they say makes a decent cheese substitute.  We shall see.

Until later,

Cheers, BC

A first-rate soup is more creative than a second-rate painting.
Abraham Maslow



No comments:

Post a Comment