Wednesday, July 18, 2012

YESTERDAY


Howdy,

The night before last, I slept for 6 hours straight, from 9 pm to 3 am.  I cannot remember when I last slept for more than 3.  "Normally," I have to get up thru' the night to whiz, even with the meds I'm taking for that very thing.  Six hours is a breakthrough.  Last night was normal again, but I'm taking that six as a sign of things to come.

Yesterday I bought a $50 GE Juicer at WalMart.  Made myself a Reboot #1 "Mean Green" (being impulsive and too impatient to wait any longer for the N'Bullet to get here).  It was disappointing, to say the least.  The juicer, I mean, not the juice.  Well, the juice, too, because the GE just didn't do a good job on the greens.  The 3 double handfuls of kale made so little juice that it barely covered the bottom of the cup.  And it spit everywhere coming out.  By the time I had the cukes and celery in, a puddle was forming on the countertop.  Now I feel like throwing this thing in a ditch.  The $55 Hamilton Beach from Amazon I sent to broRando was much better, not messy like this POS GE.  Another lesson learned as I thrash about trying to get this project in shape to make a smooth take-off in August.

Cheers, BC

People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent.
~ Bob Dylan



No comments:

Post a Comment